Academic Journals, Book Chapters, and Policy Papers
Academic Journals, Contributions to Books
- “Conservative Turn in Eastern Europe: Political Conservatism in Russia,” Desenvolvimento em Debate (ISSN 2176-9257), Brazilian National Institute of Science and Technology INCT, 2017.
- “Is it Time to Drop the F-Bomb on Russia? Why Putin is Almost a Fascist,” World Policy Journal (2017) 34(1): 48-53, Duke University Press.
- “Religious Affiliation and Individual Economic and Political Attitudes in Ukraine,” Culture Matters in Russia—and Everywhere: Backdrop for the Russia-Ukraine Conflict, Lexington Books, London, 2015.
- “Institutional Problems of Russia in the Global Context,” Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2010, No1, P.114-128 (in Russian). Coauthored with Yevgeny Yasin.
- “Institutional and Cultural Constraints of Catching Up Countries,” Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2009. No11, P. 32-49 (in Russian). Coauthored with Yevgeny Yasin.
- “The Role of Innovation in the Global Economy,” Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2009, No9, P.15-31 (in Russian). Coauthored with Yevgeny Yasin.
- “Tectonic Changes in the World Economy: Let the Cultural Factor Speak (BRICs study),” X-th International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development Proceedings, Publishing House of SU HSE, Moscow, 2009 (in Russian). Coauthored with Yevgeny Yasin.
- “Term Limits Matter,” Ekonomicheskaya politika 5, 2009: 75-93, (in Russian). Coauthored with Kirill Rogov.
- “Tension at the Top: The Impact of Sanctions on Russia’s Poles of Power,” Center for European Policy Analysis, July 18, 2018.
- “Will Russia’s “Digital Natives” Change Their Country’s Future?” Center for European Policy Analysis, April 5, 2018.
- “Reviving the Propaganda State: How the Kremlin Hijacked History to Survive,” Center for European Policy Analysis, January 17, 2018.
- “Policy Memo: Justifying a Counter-Cyclical US-Russia Policy (the Case of Energy Dependence),” the Harriman Institute, March 20, 2017.
- “Report: Stifling the Public Sphere: Media and Civil Society in Egypt, Russia, And Vietnam: Russia,” National Endowment for Democracy, October 2015.
- “Russia Report. Putin’s Information Warfare in Ukraine. Soviet Origins of Russia’s Hybrid Warfare. Analytical Report,” the Institute for the Study of War, September 2015.
- “Is Russia a New China?” Eurasia Outlook Carnegie Moscow Center, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2015.
- “Anti-Western Sentiment as the Basis for Russian Unity,” Eurasia Outlook, Carnegie Moscow Center Carnegie, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2014.